- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 1,5 years
- Field of interest
- Animal sciences
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
Let us guess. You are passionate about farming, but also have a good head for business. Well, you don’t have to lay all your eggs in one basket. Our double bachelor’s degree programme Livestock Production provides you with an extensive knowledge of livestock and business practice. Together with students from Groupe ESA in France, you will literally apply this knowledge in the field and prepare yourself for a career in livestock production.
Why this programme?
- Study at one of the renowned agricultural universities in the Netherlands in the field of entrepreneurship and in the leading agricultural and agri-business region of France
- The livestock sector has a great need for highly educated farm successors, advisors and managers who have an affinity with the agricultural sector
- With this degree, you are eligible to continue with a Master degree programme
- Get high quality education as measured by international education standards and get a double bachelor’s honours degree
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Double degree: European Engineer Degree
- Duration: 1,5 years, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 90 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €3.124,50
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €10.249,50
In only 1.5 years, the Livestock Production programme provides you and other international students with the full scope of agricultural and livestock entrepreneurship. It is definitely a practical programme with a hands-on approach. Besides studying a wide range of agricultural and entrepreneurial subjects, you will be learning and applying the necessary skills in our lecture halls in Dronten and in Angers (France), as well as during farm visits, a farm placement and a business placement.
This programme is filled to the brim with everything you need to know about livestock production and agricultural business management. You will be studying a wide range of subjects, such as animal nutrition, marketing, business economics, animal breeding, milking techniques, epidemiology and livestock research, as well as learning research skills and advisory skills. The final stage of the programme involves a full-time traineeship in a middle management position, and writing and defending a thesis.
Click here for specific content information.
- Completion of BTS, DUT, HND or Licence 2 or at least two years of a university programme in a related subject relevant to the study programme (in accordance with 120 ECTS).
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of the chosen area of interest. Essay writing is part of the selection procedure.
- Strong motivation to be successful in the sector.
- Team spirit, a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
- Been accepted by Groupe ESA and Aeres University of Applied Sciences.
- Payed tuition fees to both institutions.
- Sufficient knowledge of French (DEFL certificate) as the lessons during the semester in France are in French.
Livestock Production is a double degree European Engineer’s Degree (EED) programme that we provide in collaboration with Groupe ESA in Angers, France. On successful completion of the programme, you will be rewarded with a double degree: an bachelor's honours degree in Animal Husbandry a ‘Licence Professionelle Production animales'. Click here for degree comparability information.
As a bachelor in Livestock Production, you can further your studies In a master’s degree programme or you can look forward to a career as a:
- Consultancy and advice on livestock production
- Market development and marketing strategies for livestock products
- Policy institutes at national and international level (EU)
- Applied research livestock production
- Once you have acquired your degree, you are eligible to continue with a Master degree programme at Aeres UAS or another university
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding