- Education type
- Master programme
- 1 year
- Field of interest
In a world with an increasing number of mouths to feed and ever-changing consumer demands, the agrifood sector needs professionals who are able to convert agricultural produce into food products and bring these to the international marketplace. An agribusiness professional who can think globally and act locally. So, what are you waiting for? Our Master’s programme in Agribusiness Development will prepare you to innovate, devise strategies, implement change and market products, in order to help shape tomorrow’s agrifood sector.
Why this programme?
- You will receive a state recognised Master of Science degree
- One-year programme
- Learning while working
- Agribusiness needs professionals qualified in change management
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Master's programme
- Duration: 1 year, dual
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.083,-
- Tuition fee non-EU-students: €10.141,-
The Master’s programme Agribusiness Development spans twelve months of integrated theory and practice. The programme centres around working on a challenging business assignment at a ‘Master Company’. This will enable you to connect scientific theories to practice. The programme is made up of four phases: Explorer, Manager, Researcher and Young Professional. Each phase consists of biweekly lecturing days with an increasing depth of knowledge and understanding. You will spend the days in which no lectures are planned at your Master Company.
The programme concludes with the writing of a thesis. This thesis and your contribution will encourage further development of the company. The focus is on developing the business processes and operating sustainably in an international environment.
Click here for specific content information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness and Business Administration or the equivalent thereof.
- Should you have a different degree and are highly motivated, the admission process will be started and given extra attention.
- A strong motivation for your choice of this master’s programme.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis.
- A well-described vision of the chosen area of interest in agribusiness.
- An employment contract or intern contract with a master company has to be signed 2 to 3 months before the programme commences.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
The programme is offered by Aeres University of Applied Sciences in Dronten and is open to students with a bachelor’s degree related to agriculture or agribusiness. Students with a bachelor’s degree in business and a strong interest in agribusiness may apply as well.
In case your university degree or your Dutch degree doesn’t meet the requirements for the master’s programmes, we offer our one-year, English-taught, bachelor’s programme as a pre-master’s programme as well.
When you graduate in a year’s time, you will be awarded a Master of Science degree. You will have excellent business insight and practice, and will be able to embark on your career with a solid network, a proven track record of entrepreneurial development and the ability to take on challenges and to implement changes.
The areas of expertise are:
- Critical analysis of agribusinesses
- Business in a global perspective
- The development of intervention strategies
- Applied business-oriented research
- Leadership in agribusiness
Some of the career prospects that will be available to you, often in an international and intercultural setting, are:
- Business Analyst
- Business/Market Developer
- Product Developer
- Key Projects Manager
- Operational Manager
Check all scholarship options here.
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding