International Dairy Management
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 1 year
- Field of interest
- Animal sciences
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
In the rapidly changing international dairy farming sector, there is a need for agricultural professionals who can manage and advise dairy farms on the steps that will ensure long term profitability. Our short degree programme International Dairy Management looks into developments, such as globalization, production, sales and public demand for cows to graze outdoors for a better quality of life. The programme is provided in the Netherlands, a country that plays a leading role in dairy production.
Why this programme?
- Learn how to advise dairy farmers on dairy nutrition, genetics and health
- Learn from writing an advisory report for a farmer from the area
- As an entrepreneur or consultant, you will have the knowledge needed to advise farmers on complex issues
- Study at one of the renowned agricultural universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands in the field of entrepreneurship
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Short degree (Bachelor)
- Duration: 1 year, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.083,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.833,-
International Dairy Farming focuses on various aspects, such as dairy nutrition, breeding, health, feed production, and farm economics. In your role as an advisor, you will give practical advice in different real-life situations. To prepare you for this, you will receive advisory and practical training on farm analysis on our University Farm and farms in the area. The programme consists of 3 modules with courses such as applied business economics, marketing and strategy (entrepreneurship). The programme concludes with a company placement and a thesis.
- Completion of at least three years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent, such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of international dairy farming management. Essay writing may be part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
- If you are not from the EU, you must have sufficient financial means, for example in the form of a grant or stipend.
On successful completion of the short degree programme International Dairy Management, you will be awarded a bachelor’s degree in Animal Husbandry. Click here for degree comparability.
In this programme, you will learn how to deal with differences in international dairy farming. The main focus is on managing and optimizing a dairy farm in the face of these challenges. The programme contains assignments on farm level, lectures on applications and practical training. During the programme, you will also benefit from our Dutch knowledge network.
On completion of this programme, you can further your studies In a master’s degree programme or you can look forward to a career as:
- An advisor in dairy management
- A dairy farm manager
- A dairy entrepreneur
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding