- Learn how to advise pig farmers on pig nutrition, genetics and health
- Learn from writing an advisory report for a farmer from the area
- As an entrepreneur or consultant, you will have the knowledge needed to advise farmers on complex issues
- Study at one of the renowned agricultural universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands in the field of entrepreneurship
International Pig Management
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 1 year
- Field of interest
- Animal sciences
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
Are you an agricultural professional raring to take up the challenge of transforming pig farms into profitable businesses? The pig farming sector is rapidly changing. Globalization, cultural differences, legislation, human resource management and the public debate on animal welfare are all factors you will be faced with on a regular basis. In our short degree programme International Pig Management you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop plans and create solutions that deliver profitable returns.
Why this programme?
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Short degree (Bachelor)
- Duration: 1 year, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.083,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.833,-
In this programme, you will learn how to deal with differences in international pig farming. The main focus is on gaining knowledge about how to manage a pig farm faced with many challenges, and with a view to optimization. The programme consists of assignments on actual farms, lectures on applications and practical training. During the programme, you will benefit from our Dutch knowledge network.
Aspects covered include pig nutrition, breeding, pig health and welfare, feed production, climate, and economics. In your role as an advisor, you will give practical advice in actual cases. The programme therefore contains elements such as advisory training and practical training in farm analysis on our own University Farm and farms in the area. There are courses on applied business economics, marketing and strategy (entrepreneurship). The programme consists of 2 modules, a company placement, and a thesis. The focus in all courses is on pigs.
- Completion of at least three years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent, such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of international pig farming management. Essay writing may be part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
- If you are not from the EU, you must have sufficient financial means, for example in the form of a grant or stipend.
On successful completion of the short degree programme International Pig Management, you will be awarded a bachelor’s degree in Animal Husbandry. Click here for degree comparability information.
On completion of this programme, you can further your studies In a master’s degree programme or you can look forward to a career as:
- A pig farming business advisor
- A pig farm manager
- A pig farming business entrepreneur
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding