Dutch law requires everybody living in the Netherlands to have health insurance. That includes students who are only here for a few months.

Health insurance

EU students need to provide us with a valid EU health card. This insurance is compulsory for the duration of your studies with Aeres University of Applied Sciences. You can find information about the card on the website of EC Europe Card.

Non EU students must have a valid international health insurance. The International Office of Aeres UAS will apply for this insurance and charge the student for this insurance once you are in the Netherlands (IPS by Lippmann:, or ICS by AON insurance Myaon).

Read more about studying and health insurance here.

Dental care

The EU health card covers costs that may be incurred by a Dutch basic insurance. Unfortunately the Dutch basic insurance does not cover dental costs, other than specialist dental care (like accidents). Dental care in the Netherlands is very expensive.

Liability insurance

Please take care of your personal legal liability insurance. Aeres UAS has a liability insurance connected to your practical placement. Information will be given in due time.

Fire and theft insurance

Aeres University of Applied Sciences has a fire and theft insurance for their property. Your personal belongings are not insured e.g. clothing, laptop etc. You have to insure these items yourself. Most of these insurances mentioned above are covered in a travel insurance.

Insurance not arranged by Aeres UAS

Students should be aware that Aeres UAS cannot arrange travel insurance, property insurance (for theft, fire, etc. in your home) or other types of insurance than the items mentioned above.