International Horticulture & Management
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 2 years
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Plant sciences
Do you see yourself as a future manager or advisor in the horticultural sector? In the short degree programme International Horticulture & Management you will harvest in-depth knowledge of innovative techniques in horticulture and plant breeding. Lectures, excursions and practical training will prepare you to make a difference in the horticultural sector. The programme concludes with an international company placement, in which you will have the opportunity of putting this knowledge and the business management skills into practice.
Why this programme?
- Graduates of this programme will have first-hand knowledge of horticultural practices in the Netherlands, one of the leading EU countries in horticulture and plant breeding.
- Study at one of the renowned agricultural universities in the Netherlands in the field of agricultural entrepreneurship and in the leading agricultural and agribusiness region of France
- This study is ranked as a Top Rated Programme by the Keuzegids 2019
- The study focuses on applied practical education at our own practice facilities
- Get your bachelor’s degree in Horticulture & Arable Farming in 2 years
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Short degree (bachelor's degree)
- Duration: 2 years, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 120 ECTS
- Start date: 26 August 2019
- Application deadline EU-students: 1 June 2019
- Application deadline NON-EU-students: 1 April 2019
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.100,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.857,-
This 2-year programme starts off with visits to horticultural companies and lectures on horticulture in the Netherlands. The first semester is made up of two modules. One on international strategic innovation and the other on international corporate social responsibility and quality management systems.
The second semester begins with a short module on applied research, and is followed by 7 weeks of studying subjects such as genotyping, genetics, crop protection and plant pathology at ESA Angers in France. After your studies, you will carry out a practical placement of 9 weeks. The semester concludes with exams at Aeres in Dronten.
In the second year, you will focus on either entrepreneurship or extension services. Both will prepare you for a career in an international business setting. You will be able to put the skills and knowledge gained into practice during an international company placement, during which you will work on an individual research project. The programme will be concluded with the writing and defending of a thesis.
Click here for specific content information.
- Completion of at least two years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent, such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of international horticulture and management. Essay writing is part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
Upon successfully completing the programme, you will receive a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture & Arable Farming. Click here for degree comparability information.
As a bachelor in Horticulture & Arable Farming, you can further your studies In a master’s degree programme or you can look forward to a career as:
- An agricultural entrepreneur
- An advisor in plant production and horticulture
- An international sales representative
- An agricultural researcher, innovator or developer
- A marketer who develops markets and devises marketing strategies for agricultural products
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding