- You will study and work in an international environment gathering different perspectives
- You will be working on real projects to support regional and global supply chains
- You will learn about relevant and innovative topics in the industry and sector
- You will take an applied approach, understanding not only theory but also how to apply it
Food Chain Management
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 1 year
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
Getting food products from food producing companies to consumers’ plates may have been as easy as pie in the past, but nowadays, things are a little more complicated. Due to internationalization, supply chains have been converted into more complicated networks. Our 1-year bachelor’s degree programme Food Chain Management will help you to become the food chain management professional who the food sector needs to manage logistics management, supplier and customer relationship management, value chain management and operations management.
Why this programme?
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Short degree (Bachelor)
- Duration: 1 year, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.083,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.833,-
This short degree programme is made up of 2 semesters.
In the first semester you will be following two parallel minors: International Food Supply Chain Management and Export Management.
Minor International Food Supply Chain Management
Here you will gain a deeper understanding of food value chains. Professional areas of competence include food supply chain management, logistics, purchase management, distribution management, sustainability, lean management, reverse logistics, logistics in practice and the circular economy.
Minor Export Management
In this minor you will learn to function successfully in an international business environment. You will learn how to write an export plan and gain knowledge on: export planning theory, export management simulation, intercultural management and European trade policy.
In the second semester you will gain practical experience in the field. You will take on a roll that prepares you for a career in food supply chain management. Also, you will conduct a research project, researching a relevant topic.
- Completion of at least three years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent, such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of food chain management. Essay writing may be part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
- If you are not from the EU, you must have sufficient financial means, for example in the form of a grant or stipend.
On successful completion of the exchange programme Food Chain Management, you will be awarded a bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness & Business Administration. Click here for degree comparability.
As a bachelor in Agribusiness & Business Administration you can look forward to a career as:
- An agri-food chain analyst
- An innovator in the agri-food sector
- A manager in the agri-food sector
- A logistics manager, optimizing logistics and managing the quality in agri-food chains
- An export manager
You can further your studies In a master’s degree programme, for example our master’s programme in Agribusiness Development.
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding