European Food Business
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 4 years
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
The food we eat says a lot about who we are, including our background, culture, traditions, health and where we live. For centuries, the variety in locations In Europe has provided great diversity in unique food products and food production methods. Our bachelor’s degree programme European Food Business takes you to three different countries and helps you to develop the entrepreneurship and innovation skills you need to provide consumers worldwide with reliable and healthy food products.
Why this programme?
- European Food Business is ranked as a Top Rated Programme by the Keuzegids 2019
- Learn about today’s consumers and how they are more aware of what they eat and are looking for products of known origin
- Build strong foundations for business management, marketing and food product development
- Gain deeper insights into developments in food production in the European Union
- Study in The Netherlands, Italy and France!
- Location: Almere
- Education type: Bachelor's programme
- Duration: 4 years, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 240 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €8.332,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €27.332,-
The European Food Business programme gives me more insight in the entire food chain and related business aspects
The focus in this 4-year programme lies on entrepreneurship and innovation in the European food business sector. In the first two years, you will build strong foundations for business management, marketing and food product development. You will also receive English language training and gain insights into development in the food business worldwide and in the European Union. This involves going on a study trip to one or two European countries in the first semester to further explore the concept of European food production.
The second and third years take you to different European universities of applied sciences. There you will focus further on the relation between the location where products are grown and the specific characteristics of products. You will also get a better understanding of the relation between culture and food, and how to brand products coming from a specific region. In the fourth year, you will create your own business, based on a product of choice and write a thesis.
- Completion of BTS, DUT, HND or Licence 2 or at least two years of a university programme in a related subject relevant to the study programme (in accordance with 120 ECTS).
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of European food business. Essay writing is part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
- Admission to Groupe ESA and Aeres University of Applied Sciences.
- Tuition fees have been paid to Groupe ESA and Aeres University of Applied Sciences.
- Sufficient knowledge of French (DEFL certificate) as the lessons during the semester in France are in French.
After successfully completing the 4- year programme European Food Business, you will receive an Ingenieur degree (bachelor´s honours degree) in Agribusiness & Business Administration.
You can either continue your studies in a master's degree programme or you can look forward to a career as a:
- Market Research Manager
- Distribution and Logistics Manager
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Financial Officer
- International Sales Consultant
- Policy Analyst
- International Marketing Manager
"The European Food Business programme gives me more insight in the entire food chain and related business aspects"
Click here for the complete student story.
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding