Module 1: International Strategic Innovation in Horticulture
- Entrepreneurship and innovative competencies training
- Application of knowledge of high-tech plant production systems, financial management, and strategic product and business management
- Practical assignments and practicum centred around high-tech plant production systems
- Assessment: write a strategic business plan for a horticultural company
Module 2: International Plant Production Systems
Lessons and practical training in:
- high-tech plant production systems
- product quality and postharvest
- crop management and labour organization
- Assessment: You will design a plan with international aspects and give oral and written advise. This includes professional communication with a grower, gathering and analysing data and formulate advice which are consistent with the objectives of the grower.
7-Week course at Ecole Superieure d’Agricultures in Angers (France)
- Lessons in genetics, crop management and plant pathology
- Excursions to various companies in the regio
- Practical placement of 9 weeks
Module: Personal Development
- Personal development
- Job Application training
- Preparation thesis project
- Proof of Proficiency
In the second year of the programme, you will focus on either entrepreneurship, or extension services or plantbreeding. Entrepreneurship involves subjects such as Human Resource Management, which focuses especially on large-scale farms. The extension services course trains you in sales and advisory skills.
All skills and knowledge gained will be put into practice during an international company placement, in which you will work as a young professional. You will work on an individual research project during this placement, which will form the basis of your thesis. In your thesis report, you need to demonstrate your ability to carry out applied research at bachelor’s degree level.
In our greenhouse, you can learn all there is to know about plants. The Aeres University of Applied Sciences greenhouse has a surface area of 600 m2 and is divided into four sections (cultivation of vegetable crops, cultivation of pot plants, breeding of plants and growing plant directly in the soil). Each section can be climate controlled separately. There are also climate chambers were you can do experiments.