- Gain a better understanding of milk procurement, production of dairy products, quality control and assurance, hygiene and maintenance of dairy equipment.
- Learn everything about processing raw milk into high quality dairy products that have an extended shelf life, are safe to consume and comply with (inter)national standards.
- Study at a university of applied sciences with a long history of agriculture and specialization in agrifood and entrepreneurship.
- Our lecturers work in close collaboration with organizations and experts in the field.
Milk processing and entrepreneurship
- Education type
- Certificate course
- 3 months
- Field of interest
- Animal sciences
- Field of interest
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
Gone are the days when dairy manufacturers simply stocked shops and supermarkets with milk, cheese and butter. Over the last few decades, consumers have become accustomed to choosing from a wide variety of dairy products from all corners of the world. In our certificate course Milk Processing and Entrepreneurship you will learn all there is to know about managing a dairy plant, processing milk into high-quality dairy products, creating new products and marketing these successfully.
Why this programme?
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Certificate course
- Duration: 3 months, full-time
- Language: English
- Start date: 10 February 2020
- Application deadline EU-students: 10 December 2019
- Application deadline NON-EU-students: 8 July 2019
- Tuition fee: €10.495,-
In this programme you will learn how to add value to raw milk processing technologies, in order to produce marketable, safely consumable and healthy dairy products that have an extended shelf life and comply with both international and national standards.
You will be trained in preservation techniques, quality control analyses, marketing skills and organizational skills. On completion of the programme, you will be able to run a profitable dairy plant through correct financial calculations, risk management, organization, and communication.
This programme consists of three modules with the following subjects:
- Processing raw milk into safe, high-quality dairy products
- Integrating marketing concepts into dairy businesses, developing and presenting innovative dairy products
- Managing a small-scale dairy plant with a sustainable economic result
- Adapting new attitudes, gaining knowledge and training skills to enhance your performance in the dairy business
Click here for specific content information.
- At least three years of work experience at bachelor’s degree level in the field of training.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (Overall score of 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of the chosen area of interest. Motivation letter writing is part of the selection procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international environment.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded a certificate.
At the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Process raw milk into high quality and safe dairy products, by operating different processing equipment, using adequate additives and executing microbiological and chemical quality tests on raw milk and dairy products
- Integrate a marketing concept into dairy businesses and develop and present innovative dairy products based on market research
- Manage a small-scale dairy plant
This programme is geared towards:
- Owners and managerial staff of private, public or cooperative dairy farms
- Dairy training institute staff extension workers
- Extension workers
- Staff of advisory services who deal with all management aspects of dairy farms.
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding