Learn how to select dairy cows and bulls, develop (cross) breeding plans, detect heat, perform A.I. and P.D., and record information with the course "Breeding, reproduction management, AI and pregnancy diagnosis"
Comprehensive instruction of breeding, reproduction management, A.I. and pregnancy diagnosis
When you complete this course, you can judge dairy cow conformation and select bulls from breeding bull catalogues. With your newly developed competencies, you return to your home country as a confident and well-trained professional.
This programme is gearded towards:
- owners and managerial staff of private, public, or cooperative dairy farms
- dairy training institute staff extension workers
- extension workers
- staff of advisory services who deal with all management aspects of dairy farms.
These training themes are included throughout this programme:
- Assessment of dairy cow breeds; their advantages and disadvantages
- Traits of commercial dairy cows judging and analysis conformation of cows
- Catalogue analysis and selection of breeding bull
- Designing a breeding plan for commercial dairy farms
- Using genomics in selection of breeding bulls and farm animals
- Key performance indicators to assess quality of dairy cow herds/ breeding management
- Fertility management on dairy farms
- Heat detection; use of sensors in heat detection
- Key performance indicators for assessment of fertility levels on dairy farms
- Artificial insemination; theory and practice
- Pregnancy diagnosis; theory and practice
- Maintaining breeding and fertility records, calculation of key performance indicators