Module 1: Equine Policy International
Business law, studbook policy strategy and intercultural communication are integrated in this module that teaches you all you need to know about advising organisation on dealing with current issues in the equine sector.
- Law and the international Equine sector: You will be able to understand the basics of civil law, its effect on the international equine industry, the relation between civil law and international trade agreements, the principles of a contract and its obligations, and settlement of disputes.
- Policy Equine Contagious diseases: You will be able to understand the risks of movement of livestock (horses) around the world and how this can be managed.
- Policy equine stud books and breeding: Provides you with knowledge of important issues in the genetics of horses on which the stud books make decisions and plan strategy. You will learn how strategies are formulated based on internal and external analysis.
- Research and writing policy statement: Gives you a notion of current and relevant equine topics and required abilities of policy-forming in a variety of equine businesses and organizations. You will be able to write and structure reports according to academic standards according to APA style, as well as present information from reports in an official and academic way.
- Training intercultural communication: You will know your own culture, can identify intercultural differences (based on theory). You will be able to deal with intercultural differences when dealing with people abroad. You will also be able to make an intercultural strategy for a company.
Module 2: Equine Market Research
This module covers the setting up and implementing of applied research in the international equine sector.
- Organizational behaviour: You will know how to influence individuals and groups in an organization, in order to improve the performance of the organization.
- Research methodology: You will learn about research design, research methods and techniques, Desk research, qualitative research, quantitative research, field research.
- Research quantitative methodology with Excel and SPSS: You will be able to use Microsoft Excel to process data and use statistics. You will know how to analyze and interpret data, using SPSS in the framework of qualitative research. You will be able to set up and conduct the principal forms of empirical research commonly used in the field of marketing and the agrifood or equine business, and to report the findings under supervision.
- Financial management 1: You will be able to make investment appraisal calculations to underpin investment decisions. You will also be able to identify the main sources of finance for a business and to discuss the advantages or disadvantages of each source of finance. You will know about the policies needed to control the working capital of a company.