Food Safety Management Academy
- Education type
- Certificate course
- 5 months
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
How do consumers know whether they can trust the food products on sale in supermarkets, and the food served in restaurants and hotels? The answer is food safety management. Due to globalization and an increasing range of products and diversity in food producing companies, people have no idea where their food comes from. In our certificate programme Food Safety Management, you will develop the knowledge and skills you need to ensure food quality and food safety.
Why this programme?
- Gain knowledge of and learn skills in all aspects of food safety and food quality.
- Learn everything there is to know about food safety and food quality management and technology, EU food legislation and implementation of food safety management systems.
- Study at a university of applied sciences with a long history of agriculture and specialization in agrifood and entrepreneurship.
- Our lecturers work in close collaboration with organizations and experts in the field.
- Location: Almere
- Education type: Certificate course
- Duration: 5 months, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 2 September 2019
- Application deadline EU-students: 1 June 2019
- Application deadline NON-EU-students: 22 March 2019
- Tuition fee EU-students: €5.600,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €5.750,-
This programme is based on first-hand knowledge and experience from organizations and experts on the subject of food safety in the Netherlands. For many years, the Netherlands has played a leading role in the field of food safety and quality and the first food safety certificates were issued to companies there. Here the ‘From farm to fork approach has been fully integrated.
The programme consists of 6 specialization courses:
- Food safety and food quality management
- EU Food Law
- Food safety technologies
- Implementation of food safety management systems
- Auditing food safety and quality systems
- Food safety project
Click here for specific content information.
- Completion of at least three years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent such as the IELTS (Overall score of 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of food chain management. Motivation letter writing is part of the selection procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international environment.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded a certificate.
Following this programme will enable you to manage, audit and advise on food quality and food safety. It provides you with knowledge of and skills in all aspects of food safety and food quality.
This programme prepares you for a career as:
- A food quality and food safety manager
- An auditor of food quality systems
- An advisor on food safety assurance
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding