- Gain a better understanding of food chains in an international business environment
- Learn about purchasing and procurement, distribution management, supply chains, logistics and food legislation
- Study at a university of applied sciences with a long history of agriculture and specialization in agrifood and entrepreneurship
- Our lecturers work in close collaboration with organizations and experts in the field
Food Chain Management Academy
- Education type
- Certificate course
- 5 months
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
In the past, distributing and selling food products was a piece of cake. Nowadays, because of globalization, consumer demand and an increasing range of products, supply chains have changed into complicated networks. In our certificate programme Food Chain Management you will learn all there is to know about logistics management, supplier and customer relationship management, value chain management and operations management. On completion, you will be prepared for a management position in food chain management and logistics.
Why this programme?
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Certificate course
- Duration: 5 months, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 2 September 2019
- Application deadline EU-students: 1 June 2019
- Application deadline NON-EU-students: 22 March 2019
- Tuition fee EU-students: €5.600,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.857,-
In the past, people consumed mainly local food products. Because of this, supply chains were short, people knew how and where food was produced and sometimes they even bought it directly from the farmer himself. Today, food is available through large supermarket chains that import food products from all over the world. Also, food production is becoming increasingly complicated. This means that food value chains are becoming more and more important. Food chain management involves managing these complicated processes, in which logistics, efficient operational management, cooperation and trust are key words.
In this programme, you will gain a deeper understanding of food value chains. Professional areas of competence include food supply chain management, logistics, purchase management, distribution management, sustainability, lean management, reverse logistics, logistics in practice and the circular economy. You will also learn to function successfully in an international business environment and gain knowledge on: export planning theory, export management simulation, intercultural management and European trade policy.
Click here for specific content information.
- Completion of at least three years of university studies in a related subject relevant to the study programme, in such a way that the resulting combined study pathway is plausible in its entirety.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent such as the IELTS (Overall score of 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of food chain management. Motivation letter writing is part of the selection procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international environment.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded a certificate.
This programme provides you with a knowledge of food chains in an international business environment. You will learn how to manage an agribusiness company, how to make decisions and how to create added value through cooperation in the food value chain.
After this programme, you will be prepared for a career as a:
- Food supply chain manager
- Logistics manager
- Product manager
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding