Dairy breeding, reproduction management, A.I. and pregnancy diagnosis
- Education type
- Certificate course
- 1 month
- Field of interest
- Animal sciences
- Field of interest
- Food sciences
If you want to keep up with the latest developments in dairy cattle breeding or have the edge over your competitors, then this is definitely a programme you will want to follow. Dairy Breeding, Reproduction Management, A.I. and Pregnancy Diagnosis enables you to select the best animals on a dairy farm to breed better animals that perform better under specific circumstances. This comprehensive programme is suitable for owners and managers of dairy farms and their advisors.
Why this programme?
- Gain a better understanding about the selection of the best animals for breeding.
- Learn everything about making breeding plans, performing A.I. and pregnancy diagnosis.
- Study at a university of applied sciences with a long history of agriculture and specialization in agrifood and entrepreneurship.
- Our lecturers work in close collaboration with organizations and experts in the field.
- Location: Dronten
- Education type: Certificate course
- Duration: 1 month, full-time
- Language: English
- Start date: 9 March 2020
- Application deadline EU-students: 9 January 2020
- Application deadline NON-EU-students: 19 October 2019
- Tuition fee: €3.750,-
In our programme Breeding, Reproduction management, A.I. and Pregnancy Diagnosis, you will learn how to select dairy cows and bulls, develop (cross) breeding plans, detect heat, perform A.I. and P.D., and record information.
As a professional in the dairy farming business, you must be able to select the right breed of cows that best suits the circumstances and management style. Subsequently, you should be able to determine which breeding policy to apply. This involves selecting the best cows within the herd and breeding bulls, using the right selection criteria and latest technologies in, for example, cross breeding, genomic selection, use of sexed semen.
Once a breeding policy has been determined, cows have to be monitored for heat signs and choices have to be made on optimum insemination time et cetera. Once the cow has been inseminated, it should be monitored and checked for pregnancy. This requires herd administration which will result in the calculation of key fertility performance indicators that need to be interpreted, analyzed and acted upon.
Click here for specific content information.
- At least three years of work experience at bachelor’s degree level in the field of training.
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognised equivalent such as the IELTS (Overall score of 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of the chosen area of interest. Motivation letter writing is part of the selection procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international environment.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be rewarded with a certificate.
This programme is geared towards:
- Owners and managerial staff of private, public or cooperative dairy farms
- Dairy training institute staff extension workers
- Extension workers
- Staff of advisory services who deal with all management aspects of dairy farms.
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding