Smart Green Cities
- Education type
- Bachelor programme
- 2 years
- Field of interest
- Environmental sciences
Are you that green-minded advisor on urban matters, who will find solutions to planning, mobility, climate change and energy issues, in order to design future-proof cities? In 2050, 80% of the world's population will live in cities. Cities are in transition, facing major issues in their attempts to create and maintain economically viable, sustainable and attractive living environments. In our short degree programme Smart Green Cities you will gain the knowledge and learn the skills needed to address these issues.
Why this programme?
- Learn about the latest urban development trends
- Learn how cities can adapt their organizational setup and their processes to changes in the environment
- Gain insight in the development of cities and urban processes
- Learn everything about graphic design and new media, and how to use these technologies to inform and advise your audience
- Location: Almere
- Education type: Short degree (Bachelor)
- Duration: 2 years, full-time
- Language: English
- Number of credits: 120 ECTS
- Start date: 1 September
- Application deadline: 1 May
- Tuition fee EU-students: €2.083,-
- Tuition fee NON-EU-students: €6.833,-
It is no coincidence that the Smart Green Cities programme was set up in Almere. Almere was founded only 40 years ago, and with a current population of 200,000, it is the fastest growing city in the Netherlands. In the time to come, the city may grow to a total of 350,000 inhabitants. The topics dealt with in this study programme can often be observed in real life in this city. This creates a solid link with relevant businesses and organizations. It is the ideal way to combine theory and practice.
Amsterdam metropolitan area
Almere is part of the Metropolitan Region of Amsterdam. This is one of the five economically strongest regions in Europe. It provides students like you with an excellent opportunity for working within the frameworks of various innovative projects.
The programme consists of 4 modules:
- Urban Green Development
- Applied Geo Media and Design
- Growing Green Cities
- Smart and Circular Regions
Click here for specific content information.
- Completion of BTS, DUT, HND or Licence 2 or at least two years of a university programme in a related subject relevant to the study programme (in accordance with 120 ECTS).
- A minimum score of 550 in the TOEFL English test or a formally recognized equivalent, such as the IELTS (level 6.0) or IBT (79).
- The ability to formulate coherently in written English, and to have a vision of smart green cities. Essay writing is part of the admission procedure.
- Strong motivation for success in the sector.
- Team spirit and a flexible attitude in an international working environment.
On successful completion of the short degree programme Smart Green Cities, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Geo Media & Design. Click here for degree comparability information.
On completion of this programme, you can further your studies In a master’s degree programme or you can look forward to a career as:
- An Urban and Regional Planner
- A Sustainability Advisor
- A Consultant for Innovation and Development Projects
- A Policy Advisor at City & Regional Level
- A Spatial Analyst
Is this the programme you are looking for?
Get to know us; here you can read all about our locations, our mission and our values.About Aeres UAS
If you want to enroll in this programme, start your application procedure here.Apply now
Do you have a question or do you want more information? Our International Office can help.Contact us
When you are going to study abroad, it's good to know what to expect financially.Fees and funding