Dutch immigration procedures for Non EU students

Non EU students who wish to study or do an internship in the Netherlands need to go through the Dutch immigration procedures. Depending on what you are going to do and for how long you are staying, you might need:

  • A short-stay visa
  • An authorization for temporary stay
  • A residence permit
  • A work permit

The website of Nuffic can help you to find out which procedures are important for international students. 

Procedures related to VISA will be discussed with students who are accepted as a student of Aeres University of Applied Sciences. NON EU students and students of Croatia need a work permit if they want to work in the Netherlands. This can never exceed 10 hours of work per week, due to work permit restrictions. It is thinkable that the work permit needed for this work will be late in arriving, due to bureaucracy in the organisations dealing with these applications.

Find the factsheet  'International students and part-time jobs' and additional information on this website.