Dreaming of a successful business career in the International Equine Industry? Then choose the International Equine Business Management study programme at Aeres University of Applied Sciences in Dronten, one of the leading institutes of higher education in the field of entrepreneurship. Aeres UAS was the first institute of its kind to be awarded the special Certificate of Entrepreneurship.
The equine industry is growing worldwide and has experienced tremendous professionalization in recent years. Sustained development requires internationally competent managers. The equine industry in the Netherlands is characterized by a high degree of professionalization and continues to show a positive development. This makes the country ideally positioned for anyone who wants to learn more about international equine business management.
The two-year English bachelor’s degree study programme of International Equine Business Management is centred around professional practice. The university works closely together with the business community. Student assignments are usually in real-life business environments. Graduation projects consist of internships with organizations or businesses in the international equine sector. Students come from all over the world. This enables them to learn a lot from fellow students as well as the international sector.
The English-taught bachelor’s degree in International Equine Business Management is a business management degree in which the horse plays a central part. Business management subjects make up 70% of the International Equine Business Management course. While horse-related subjects make up the remaining 30%.
One of the things that the students will learn during the study programme is how to write an advisory policy report. Student choose a current topic within the international sector such as doping in equestrian sports or identification & registration and draw up an advisory policy report. Students also learn how to set up a strategy and business plan. During the programme, students develop a view of the international equine industry, learn how to draw up an business plan, and practice analysing business opportunities.
It is recommended for students in the International Equine Business Management degree to have some prior experience in the equine sector. Owing a horse is not compulsory for this study programme.
The benefit of the 70/30 split within the programme is that students receive a broad education which would prepare them for a variety of careers. Graduates of this degree course will have first-hand knowledge of the advanced practices in the Netherlands, a leading equine and equestrian country. Graduates will have gained valuable insight into the contrasts in business cultures and work ethics in countries around the world. After successful completion of the programme of International Equine Business Management, you are widely employable within the international equine industry, but also elsewhere.